Waste & Recycling
ServicesEmterra Environmental provides trash, compost (April through August), and recycling services every Friday morning. They expect waste to be in 30 gallon trash cans or plastic bags not exceeding 50 pounds. Please place curbside by 7 AM on day of service.
Weekly Composting Emterra (First Friday in April thru last Friday in November)
- All compost is normal household compost, not complete trees or hedges.
- Biodegradable paper bags.
- Leaves in 30 gallon containers marked with an X
- No more than 50 pounds in weight with a large X on front towards the street
- Brush and tree limbs under 2-inches in diameter, 4-feet in length under 50 pound bundles and tied.
- No Tree Stumps or trunks are accepted
Weekly Brush Pick Up By DPW (Every Monday from April - November)
- Brush must be in one direction and 4-feet or less in length
- No animal waste
Weekly RecyclingItems must be in a provided recycling bin. All Items Must be Empty and Clean. Acceptable items include:
- All Colored Glass
- Plastic bottles, containers, and cups. *No plastic bags*
- Newspaper (no glossy colored inserts)
- Cardboard Flattened & Dry
- Tin and Aluminum cans
- Paper (Shredded Paper in a Paper Bag). Only Item That Should be Bagged.
Special Handling/Large ItemsNo liquid paint. Paint can only be picked up if the lids are removed and the paint is dried up. Should your paint still be liquid, mix it with kitty litter or saw dust and let it dry.
Residents will special pick up requests, please call Emterra at 989-658-2594
Refrigerators/Freezers, & Air ConditionersAppliances containing freon will be removed as normal household appliances by calling our office at 877-609-6753 for an appointment. We will subcontract the removal to a licensed individual who will remove the freon and appliance at no cost. This is normal household usage and does not cover 4 or 5 refrigerators per year for example.
HolidaysIf the following holidays fall on a Monday through Friday then service will be delayed until Friday (or 1 day later).
- New Years
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day