Waste & Recycling
Emterra Environmental provides trash, compost (April through August), and recycling services every Friday morning. They expect waste to be in 30 gallon trash cans or plastic bags not exceeding 50 pounds.
Weekly Composting (First Friday in April thru last Friday in November)
- All compost is normal household compost, not complete trees or hedges.
- Brush and tree limbs under 2-inches in diameter, 3-feet in length, and under 50 pound bundles and tied.
- Biodegradable paper bags.
- Leaves in 30 gallon containers
- No more than 50 pounds in weight with a large X on front towards the street.
Items must be in a provided recycling bin. Acceptable items include:
- Brown glass
- Clear glass
- Green glass
- Newspaper (no glossy colored inserts)
- Number 1 and 2 plastic (bottle stock only)
- Tin and Aluminum cans
Special Handling/Large Items
No liquid paint. Paint can only be picked up if the lids are removed and the paint is dried up. Should your paint still be liquid, mix it with kitty litter or saw dust and let it dry.
Refrigerators/Freezers, & Air Conditioners
Appliances containing freon will be removed as normal household appliances by calling our office at 877-609-6753 for an appointment. We will subcontract the removal to a licensed individual who will remove the freon and appliance at no cost. This is normal household usage and does not cover 4 or 5 refrigerators per year for example.
If the following holidays fall on a Monday through Friday then service will be delayed until Friday (or 1 day later).
- New Years
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day